2020 SOT Online Meeting
Society of Toxicology (SOT)’s 59th Annual Meeting & ToxExpo was originally scheduled to take place in California at the Anaheim Convention Center, March 15-19th. However, since the event has been canceled due to COVID-19 concerns, we will be making our presentations available online.
Dr. Pallavi Limaye, SEKISUI XenoTech Director of Scientific Consulting, presented our EHS on “In-Vitro ADME & Drug-Drug Interaction Considerations for Toxicologists” as a free webinar on April 17th. Learn more or register to view the presentation and download the slides.
On April 3rd from 12-3:30pm EDT our VP of Consulting, Dr. Brian Ogilvie, conducted an online workshop alongside our founder, Andrew Parkinson, titled “The Basics of In Vitro Xenobiotic Metabolism and Drug-Drug Interaction Investigations: Applicability to All Xenobiotics.” If you could not attend, a recording of the virtual course will become available on SOT’s website approximately 1 week after the event. The course number for the workshop is AM07. They have lined up an excellent list of presenters and topics for the course, including:
- Introductory Remarks on Xenobiotic Metabolism and Course Overview – Andrew Parkinson, XPD Consulting
- The Basics of In Vitro CYP Inhibition Studies for Regulatory Submission and Risk Assessment – Brian Ogilvie, SEKISUI XenoTech
- The Basics of In Vitro CYP Induction Studies for Regulatory Submission – Diane Ramsden, Alnylam Pharmaceuticals
- In Vitro Reaction Phenotyping and the Toxicological Burden of Reactive Metabolites – Jed Lampe, University of Colorado Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Xenobiotic Transporter Studies for Regulatory Submission – Caroline Lee, Arena Pharmaceuticals
- The Science of Drug Interactions Is Applicable to All Xenobiotics – Andrew Parkinson, XPD Consulting