ADME 101: Considerations & Calculations When Sending In Vitro Test Articles
Presenter: Patrick McAnulty, SEKISUI XenoTech Scientist II, Program Design
This ADME 101 webinar discusses the #1 most frequently asked question that our Protocol Design team receives: “How much test article do I need to send for an in vitro drug metabolism or drug-drug interaction study?” The video outlines the important factors to consider when calculating the quantities of test article needed for top treatment concentrations that will meet regulatory guidance recommendations, including:
- What are the properties of the test article?
- What is the scope of the work?
- What concentrations do the guidance documents say need to be tested?
- What concentration of stock solution needs to be made?
- What solvent percentage can we use in our incubation solutions?
- Common concerns and more…
About the presenter: Patrick McAnulty has a Master of Science in Biomedical Sciences from the University of Missouri – Columbia. As a Scientist II in SEKISUI XenoTech’s Program Design department, Patrick is responsible for preparing study protocols for disciplines such as enzyme inhibition, enzyme induction, drug metabolism, drug transport, and metabolic profiling.