CryostaX® plateable pooledHuman hepatocytes offer a simple, cost-effective test system for metabolic clearance, hepatic uptake, CYP induction screening, and other preclinical in vitro studies. All of our pooled CryostaX® products are developed with a patented single-freeze process which minimizes cryoinjury and promotes high viability and cell yield.
CryostaX® Pooled Plateable Human Hepatocytes
Preparing your hepatocyte cultures is faster and easier when you use CryostaX®
- The only single-freeze, pooled plateable human hepatocyte product on the market
- Patented single-freeze process to minimize cryoinjury
- Assured Minimum Yield (AMY) of 5 million cells for standard pools
- Custom on-demand pooling at no additional charge
- Convenient, more efficient thawing process than traditional vial format
- Pooling technique leads to each donor contributing relatively equally to the pooled population and metabolic activity
- Extensively characterized for metabolism and uptake transport, with CYP induction (10-Donor Pool)
- Highly competitive pricing
- Large lots
- High-quality data
Utilizing CroystaX® pooled plateable human hepatocytes
CryostaX® human hepatocytes are available as standard pools of 5 or 10 donors or as custom-designed pools (at no additional charge) with donors selected specifically based on individual enzyme activities and/or donor demographics from an inventory of ~100 potential donors.
Cryoplateable hepatocytes are the closest alternative to using fresh hepatocytes. They are unique in their ability to attach to collagen substratum and can be cultured long enough to respond to prototypical inducers even after being cryogenically frozen. Our products team qualifies every attaching lot for the ability to maintain a confluent monolayer (>85% confluency) in culture for five days, an important criterion for IND-enabling enzyme induction, toxicology, and some low-turnover compound metabolism studies. Additionally, a datasheet detailing optimal seeding density and a photomicrograph of culture accompany each lot shipment for user convenience.
CryostaX® human hepatocytes are ideal for:
- Metabolic Stability of Low, Mid & High Clearance Drugs
- Hepatic Uptake/Efflux Transporter Studies
- CYP Induction Screening
- Various In Vitro Hepatotoxicity Endpoints
- CYP Inhibition Screening
- Metabolite Identification (MetID)
- Cell/Molecular Biology
Thawing & Plating Cryopreserved Hepatocytes
With CryostaX®, thawing is simpler and you can have more confidence in plating. Download our protocol or watch the demos below to get the best results from your cryopreserved hepatocytes:
What Else You Should Know About Using CryostaX® in Your Hepatic Culture Assays…
Our hepatocyte expertise stems from decades of preparing these test systems for our own contract research. Utilizing the hepatocytes that we produce in our own contract studies allows an added level to quality control beyond the standard characterization that most hepatocytes vendors provide.Zell Woodworth, Products Division Director at SEKISUI XENOTECH
Each CryostaX® lot is characterized for the following activity:
|Enzyme||MARKER SUBSTRATE REACTION|
*Intrinsic clearance data is also included
An example of no-charge custom pooling of CryostaX® is shown below. SEKISUI XenoTech scientists have access to an extensive list of individually characterized (demographics, medical history, gender, pathology, etc.) donors from which to design custom pools to meet your specific needs. By using the individual characterization data it is possible to calculate the theoretical enzymatic activity, providing a quick snapshot of the designed pool’s overall activities.