Discovery Plus™ Screening: Cell Permeability (Caco-2 and MKDCKII) Assay
Our Cell Permeability Screening Assay gives you quick, low-cost data for one or more compounds to better understand permeability properties of drug candidates.
The permeability of a compound can affect its absorption and distribution; our Discovery Plus™ Cell Permeability assay makes it possible to measure permeability across either a Caco-2 monolayer to evaluate intestinal absorption or an MDCKII-MDR1 monolayer to evaluate potential blood-brain barrier permeability. Our flexible assay design allows you to measure unidirectional or bidirectional permeability, and inhibitors can be added to evaluate the effect transporters have on the permeability of a drug candidate.
Moving quickly through drug discovery and development saves you time and money; get data from a Discovery Plus™ screening study quickly to make risk-based decisions faster and get you through the pipeline more efficiently.
Our Approach to In Vitro Permeability Screening
- Incubations performed in 24-well transwell plates
- Permeability options include; unidirectional A->B or B->A, bidirectional A->B and B->A, + / – inhibitor
- Options for 1 or 3 incubation time points
- Cultured Caco-2 cells or MDCKII cells
- Incubations performed in triplicate
- Positive control included
- A tabulated summary of results includes:
- Permeability (Papp)
- % recovery
|Cell Line||Positive Control /|
|Positive Control inhibitor|