Recombinant enzymes represent a useful test system for studies requiring high levels of individual enzymatic activities and represent the simplest system available to study enzyme interaction. We are proud to be the exclusive distributor of Cypex Bactosomes in North America.
Bactosome Screening Kits & Controls
These recombinant enzymes have activity levels similar to those found in vivo and are ideal test systems for preclinical reaction phenotyping inhibition studies. Classic Bactosomes (1 nmol volume) allow customers to choose specific enzyme activities and various levels of reductase and linearity.
More About Cypex Bactosomes
E. coli expressed recombinant enzymes, or Bactosomes, exhibit greater activity levels and turnover numbers when compared to CYPs expressed from insect cells, or Supersomes. Bactosomes show excellent linearity over time, allowing longer incubations and generating better results and can be optimized for various study types. Our selection includes Classic Bactosomes for a wide variety of CYP enzymes with differing levels of reductase and b5. Classic Bactosomes show excellent linearity over time, allowing longer incubations and generating better results.
- Standardized for ultimate convenience (EasyCYPs)
- Patented E. coli expression system
- Excellent batch-to-batch consistency
- Patented production method for native, or minimally modified P450s
- Robust P450 activity levels, representative of human enzymes
- Extensive batch-specific data
- Available in high, medium or low reductase and with or without b5
- Market-leading linearity