- XenoTech will prepare and establish rules on the protection of Personal Information and ensure that any and all of its employees (including directors, managers, officers, regular employees, part-time workers and temporary employees) comply with these rules. XenoTech will revise and improve these rules from time to time as necessary.
- XenoTech will take proper security measures, such as antivirus measures or measures against unauthorized access, to prevent any loss, damage, alteration or data breach of the Personal Information.
- XenoTech will obtain the Personal Information only in a legal and proper manner. XenoTech will never obtain Personal Information by any means prohibited by applicable laws and regulations. Before using Personal Information, XenoTech will obtain the prior consent of the customers or notify them of the information required via its website, in person or any other manners permitted by any applicable laws and regulations in relation to the purposes of its use.
- XenoTech will use Personal Information only for the purposes of use as separately determined to the extent required for the operation of its business, provided, however, that XenoTech reserves the right to use the Personal Information or disclose it as long as the applicable laws and regulations allow such use or disclosure.
- XenoTech hereby confirms that the customer has various legal rights to request XenoTech regarding Personal Information collected based on the applicable laws and regulations, such as right to know, correct, delete the Personal Information that may identify such customer, and will properly deal with such requests except in cases where it is exempted from doing so under such laws and regulations.
- XenoTech will properly deal with complaints properly made under applicable laws and regulations by customers related to the handling of Personal Information.
- XenoTech will take necessary steps or measure as required by any applicable laws and regulations to prevent improper handling of Persona Information in the case that handling of the Personal Information is entrusted to a third party.
- Inquiries or other comments with regard to the handling of the Personal Information should be directed to the department to which you provided your Personal Information. In the case that you are not sure where to contact, please call the representative phone number.
- Here are notices pursuant to the act on the protection of personal information:
– Privacy Notice under GDPR
– Privacy Notice under CCPA
Effective date: January 1, 2020
XenoTech (d/b/a Sekisui XenoTech), LLC
So what does that mean?
What personal information does XenoTech gather about customers?
The information we gather from customers helps us to personalize and improve your browsing experience at xenotech.com. Here are the types of information we gather:
Information you provide voluntarily: We receive and store any information you voluntarily enter on our website or provide in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of some of the website’s features. We use this information for responding to your requests, customizing your future browsing and communicating with you.
You provide most information when you search, buy, participate in a questionnaire or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you search for a product; place an order through xenotech.com; provide information in your account or your profile; communicate with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise; or provide employer information when opening a corporate account. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address and phone numbers; credit card information; people to whom purchases have been shipped, including addresses and phone number.
Automatic information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you visit our website. For example, like many websites, we use “cookies” to record certain types of information when your web browser accesses xenotech.com.
Examples of the information we collect and analyze include the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; login; e-mail address; password; computer and connection information, such as browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; purchase history; the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website, including date and time; cookie number; products for which you viewed or searched. We may also use browser cookies.
E-mail communications: To help us make e-mail messages more useful and reliable, we may receive electronic confirmation when you open e-mail from xenotech.com if your computer supports such capabilities. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences or submit an Opt-Out/Data Removal form.
Information from other sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. Click here to see examples of the information we receive.
Examples of information we receive from other sources include updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily; account information, purchase or redemption information and credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud.
What about cookies?
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser. These cookies enable our computer systems to recognize your browser and to provide personalized features, such as storage of items in your Shopping Cart, between visits.
The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie or how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of our website’s features and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
Does xenotech.com share the information it receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below.
Third-party service providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include delivering packages, providing marketing assistance and processing credit card payments. These companies have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
Protection of XenoTech and others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property or safety of SEKISUI XenoTech, LLC, our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. However, this does not include selling, renting, sharing or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
With your consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How secure is my personal information?
We work to protect the security of your personal information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts the information you input. We reveal only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
Conditions of use, notices and revisions
If you choose to visit xenotech.com, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Terms & Conditions, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes and application of the law of the state of Kansas. If you have any concern about privacy at xenotech.com, please contact us.
As our business grows and changes, we may update our Privacy Notice and the Terms & Conditions. We may send you periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us otherwise, but you should review our website frequently to check recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make. Accordingly, we will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of personal information without prior consent.
What choices do I have?
As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide personal information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of some xenotech.com features. You can add or update certain information on pages such as those listed in the “Which Information Can I Access?” section above. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences or submit an Opt-Out/Data Removal form.
The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie or how to disable cookies altogether. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on settings or visiting the manufacturer’s website. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of our website’s features and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
Notice of Rights for California Residents under CCPA
Effective date: January 1, 2020
1. Collection, Use, Disclosure of Personal Information
We may collect, use, disclose Personal Information. Personal Information which may have been collected by us in the preceding 12 months and may be disclosed or shared is as listed below.
|Personal Information Categories||Source||Purpose||Third Parties with Whom Personal Information is disclosed or shared (NOT Sold)|
Commercial information (inquiry details, request details, purchase information (purchase history, etc.) agreement details)
|Internet or network activity information, such as web logs, web beacons, IP addresses, cookies and pixels|
2. Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Section 4. Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will disclose to you:
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the Personal Information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that Personal Information.
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
3. Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your Personal Information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Section 4. Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
Complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
4. Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by any of the below methods:
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
- You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
- We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you.
- Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us.
- We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
5. Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
6. No Sale of Personal Information
We will not sell your Personal Information to external third parties for marketing purposes without your consent.
7. Non Discrimination
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.